logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] routing improvements?

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sun Nov 13 17:37:53 GMT 2011

On http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=13257&p=3 a few suggestions were posted to improve the routing:
Maybe Marko can have a look at this to see if this can be added to the default style?

* highway=construction

Be careful with construction=minor.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:construction
"Additionally construction=minor can be used for existing highways which will be modified or repaired without being closed. In this case we don't set highway=construction but leave it at its default value. "

So you will brake routing.

I think that

highway=construction | (highway=* & construction=* & construction!=minor & construction!=no)  {add access = no; add bicycle = yes; add foot = yes; add mkgmap:dead-end-check = false } [0x16 road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 23]

will fix it.

* motor_vehicle / vehicle

One thing I really miss in the default mkgmap style as well as "world" style, which I've added my own style, is the ability to obey the motor_vehicle and vehicle tags when routing. The two lines below is the one I use, you might certainly have a more effective way to get the work done.

highway=* & (motor_vehicle=no | motor_vehicle=destination | motor_vehicle=agricultural | motor_vehicle=private) { add motorcar=no }
highway=* & (vehicle=no | vehicle=destination | vehicle=agricultural | vehicle=private) { add motorcar=no }