logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problems with latest splitter versions

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Nov 12 07:54:29 GMT 2011

Hi Micheal,

I tried your data to verify that it can be processed with my patched version
in the memory_optimization branch. Unfortunately it seems that splitter has
another problem not related to memory or high node id values:
During the 1st phase, the program stops reading nodes too early. Result: The
algorithm in splittableArea.split doesn't work because it uses a far too
small value for the nodes: it counts only the 1st 145 nodes and stops
counting when the 1st way is processed.

I tried also a smaller sample from OSM with the same result:
http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/map?bbox=11.54,48.14,11.543,48.145

Using parameter --legacy-mode=true changed it a little bit, but I think
I think this is an error, so I'll try to find a fix for it.
Am I right?

Ciao,