logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] possible bug? mkgmap freezes with lines only routing style

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Fri Nov 11 11:40:57 GMT 2011

Hi

> I think you did not understand what I meant.

Maybe, that's the problem with talking about options that don't exist :)

There are two indexes that we might be talking about.

1. A road index in the .img. If there are 2000 "Path" roads then there
will be 2000 entries "Path" in this index.
2. The global index (mdr.img). There will be only one entry in this
index for those 2000 "Path" roads.

The mdr road index is created by reading the road index from .img road

The style has no effect on img->mdr creation, but only in the osm->img
conversion.

The only way I can imagine an option mkgmap:no-index in the style can
work is to prevent road being placed into the .img road index.  It
therefore will not be in the mdr road index either, and that will be
true even if the mdr index is created later without using any style
options with that same .img tile.

> So I don't want that the index in case 1. is correct (omits those
> thousands of roads with name "track", but for step 2. the index is
> incorrect and actually has thousands of "track" roads in the index. If
> this is how it works then we would need (additionally to

So as far as I can tell, what you are asking will never happen in any
case, even now without the no-index option. There will never be
thousands of Path entries in the index, there will be one per
map/city, no matter if there are 5 roads called "Path" or 2000
in the same map/city.

> mkgmap:noindex=true) an option like mkgmap:noindex:same=XXX for the
> command line.

You could have a command line option to exclude some names from the global
index that are really in the tiles, but I don't really see the point.

..Steve