logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Typ file compiler

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Nov 10 22:49:44 GMT 2011

Hi

Attached is the first version of the TYP file compiler, using code
written by Thomas Lußnig in 2008 to write the TYP file, which has been
lying unused in mkgmap since then.

It only writes the polygon draw order, so not much use yet, but I expect
to be adding the other sections quickly. It reads any valid typ text
file, or at least it will read:
http://code.google.com/p/mkgmap-style-sheets/source/browse/trunk/typ/world-test/default.txt

So to use it, first compile a jar as normal. Then run the following
command (you can not use the -jar option in this case)

  java -cp dist/mkgmap.jar uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.typ.TypTextReader <in>
<out>

  <in> defaults to "default.txt"
  <out> defaults to "OUT.TYP"

This method of running it is temporary and may even go away at some
point.

I will check the code in to trunk, since it is completely separate from
anything else in mkgmap.

..Steve