logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Cutting down the default style

From n Willink nw at pinns.co.uk on Thu Nov 10 14:42:45 GMT 2011

Perhaps we're both saying the same thing.

You could in theory have a TYP file which uses recommended types as created
by a default style.

You will have a problem with  routable highways in particular  as the
available type numbers are fairly limited - subtypes are only reserved for
extended types

It could be done with most non routable polylines reserved for types 100+.
There is a max of 1ff1f

There is however one issue, in that there is little documentation as to the
'effect' of using extended types >150

The same could be done for polygons; a good example is the use of
leisure=pitch and sport tag
How many 'default' sports are there? My TYP file shows at least 10 but they
may not be to someone elses liking.

 So it can be done.

It is however my experience that most people after a while tend to modify a
TYP to reflect their own preferences.