logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Tags hiding roads?

From Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com on Tue Nov 8 22:38:36 GMT 2011

On 07/11/2011 09:44, David Fletcher wrote:
> Hi there everybody!
>
> I caused annoyance to at least one other Open Street
> Map user by deleting some of these tags.

I'm the guy who got 'annoyed'.

To all mkgmap users, please don't put the cart before the horse. OSM is
a database for *many* renderers (including mkgmap) to use. Removing
legitimate tags from OSM to get mkgmap to work is vandalism & wrong. The
problem is clearly within mkgmap as it obviously can't filter/assimilate
OSM data.

There are two duplicated tags on these ways/relation & it would be
better if they were just within the relation.
However this was clearly not the reason for the tag removal as only one
was deleted.

Oh, & power lines are fantastic navigation items.

Dave F.