logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] value (string) handling via style file

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Nov 4 17:15:00 GMT 2011

On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 05:19:07PM +0100, Minko wrote:
>Is it possible to use wildcards in key tags (like key:*=value or
>*key*=value) with regular expression?

Side note: that looks like a shell glob pattern, not a regular
expression.

Currently, I don't think so. As far as I understand, the style rule
matcher and even the OSM data parser want to see a complete list of keys
in advance, so that irrelevant tags can be dropped quickly.

>It can be useful with key tags like oneway:*=yes (with * = bicycle,
>cycleway etc) or cycleway:*= or more complicated *:cycleway:* or any
>kind of vehicle key tags like bicycle:* or maybe name:* (to cover items
>with name: on an object if name is unset)

Technically, the parser's tag-list could be extended or replaced with a
tag-regexp. The parser would drop all non-matching keys based on a
regexp match instead of based on a tag-list lookup.

But, I am not sure how this could be implemented in the style rule
matcher. Steve is the expert there. I guess that this should be
reasonable, provided that the rules do contain some constant keys as
well. If you had a hypotethical rule

cycleway:.* ~~ .* { echo }

then it would have to be checked against every object in the input,
which is probably way too expensive.

Best regards,

	Marko