logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap ignores --country-abbr?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Oct 29 20:47:12 BST 2011

Hi WanMil,

Thank you for the explanation. Your patch did not make any difference:
as far as I can see, all places in the problematic tile were still being
assigned to Russia, except Rääkkylä, to which I added addr:country=FI.

I did not add any addr:region or addr:city information. Some places in
Russia do carry all of addr:city, addr:country, addr:region. Do all
these have to be set in order to have a place copied to the "known
places" list? The default style "points" file does not refer to
addr:region, but only to mkgmap:region. There are no mkgmap:* tags in
the source data.

A last resort fix might be to tweak the style file, to drop anything
tagged with another addr:country than --country-abbr.

Regards,

	Marko