logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] bridges 'under' motorways

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Thu Oct 27 15:44:19 BST 2011

Maybe use line 0x01 for bridges only helps, because I know 0x01 and 0x02 are drawn (at least on Mapsource/Basecamp) the last. I use 0x02 for bike routes (blue dotted lines in the middle of the road). On a few devices (like the old Etrex) they were drawn under other lines, so I had to make holes in those lines (line types 0x101xx) to make the bike route visible. I used 0x01 for bicycle=no which was almost in every device on top of other roads.

A few warnings:
-routable lines used as overlay must be routable, otherwise routing via address search will break
-don't make the labels of those routable lines invisible, it will make the streetname labels on some units disappear on ALL maps (until you perform a hard reset).