logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] add-pois-to-lines ?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Wed Oct 26 18:03:21 BST 2011

And just remember that if you ever use that option, maps will be
incompatible (meaning frequent BSOD) on all old Garmin GPS like Vista
HCx and Co - just like the current poi-adresses option crashes the POI
search (in comparison to it not being used) and often causes BSODs (for
me like 0.5 times daily).

Garmin GPS are not suited for POI overload like it is happening with
such options. It's just a really really dirty hack, to implement
something that was not intended to be shown. The NT map format does have
possibilities for such information - problem is that we have absolutely
no clues about it. So don't expect Garmin will remotely improve here, as
they already have a format that would be suitable for such information.