logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] add-pois-to-lines ?

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Wed Oct 26 10:16:10 BST 2011

Multiple lines are handled very well in Mapsource and Basecamp,
see http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/208/veerpontje.jpg

On the device only one line name is shown, usually the streetname (in this case it's a bike route name)
If you zoom out, and this line disappears, another line with info is shown:
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/8794/324.png

This line I use for opening_hours tag on ferry lines.
It is only visible if you zoom out and no bike routes are on the same route=ferry,
like in the first example.

Question is, will this be possible with a pois-to-lines option and how?
With road-name-pois only one parameter is put on the lines, the road name.
We want to use it for different other tags (access, opening_hours, etc) but is this possible?