logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] gmapsupp visible in Basecamp

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Sat Oct 22 16:53:19 BST 2011

On Oct 22, 2011, at 17:24, Marko Mäkelä wrote:

> I have seen it when the way closest to the destination point in the
> mkgmap-generated map is part of a "routing island". I guess that we
> should consider translating highway=pedestrian as ways (not areas) in
> the default style, to fix this problem.

I think this was discussed previously on the list. The preferred solution at the time was to add an additional way around the outside of the pedestrian area while preserving the original pedestrian area.

I have the following in my lines file:

  highway=pedestrian & area=yes {add access = no; add foot = yes} [0x0d road_class=0 road_speed=0 resolution 22 continue]

And the usual highway=pedestrian & area=yes in my polygons file.

This has some limitations (as pedestrians will always be routed along the perimeter of a pedestrian area) but at least the routing works.

Cheers.