logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Defer relations does not work with PBF

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Fri Oct 21 17:22:29 BST 2011

> Hi WanMil,
>
> Sorry, I have been a little busy due to a business trip last week. I
> still have not fully recovered from the jet lag.
>
>> you have commited the defer relation lookup feature (r1466). It is not
>> implemented for the PBF loader.
>>
>> Do you still use this feature? Can you give an example where this
>> feature is useful?
>
> I tested it on this ferry route relation a long time ago:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/155054
>
> The relation contains two stops that are type=site relations, containing
> the highway=bus_stop node in role=passengers and a node on the route way
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/123403659 in role=vehicle.
>
> I saw a suggestion in the wiki that bus route relations should be mapped
> in this way. I guess that the idea is to enable better routing, or to
> better resolve the bus stops when a bus goes through some 270° ramps
> below and above a bridge.
>
> I just checked, and the two highway=bus_stop endpoints of this ferry
> route do not inherit any ref or name information from the ferry route
> relation. So, it is indeed broken for PBF input.
>
> How hard would it be to implement the deferred relation lookup in PBF? I
> feel that it is needed for anything that uses subrelations.

Hi Marko,

I think it's quite easy. I just wondered if it does anything because
nobody complained. And of course I need a testcase to implement the
feature. Can you send me the style files where it has an effect?

I will try to fix that within the next days.

Have fun!
WanMil