logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Defer relations does not work with PBF

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Oct 21 08:27:53 BST 2011

Hi WanMil,

Sorry, I have been a little busy due to a business trip last week. I
still have not fully recovered from the jet lag.

>you have commited the defer relation lookup feature (r1466). It is not
>implemented for the PBF loader.
>
>Do you still use this feature? Can you give an example where this
>feature is useful?

I tested it on this ferry route relation a long time ago:

The relation contains two stops that are type=site relations, containing
the highway=bus_stop node in role=passengers and a node on the route way
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/123403659 in role=vehicle.

I saw a suggestion in the wiki that bus route relations should be mapped
in this way. I guess that the idea is to enable better routing, or to
better resolve the bus stops when a bus goes through some 270° ramps
below and above a bridge.

I just checked, and the two highway=bus_stop endpoints of this ferry
route do not inherit any ref or name information from the ferry route
relation. So, it is indeed broken for PBF input.

How hard would it be to implement the deferred relation lookup in PBF? I
feel that it is needed for anything that uses subrelations.

Best regards,

	Marko