logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing with the eTrex 30

From Frank Fesevur ffes at users.sourceforge.net on Tue Oct 18 14:49:58 BST 2011

2011/10/18 Chris66 <chris66nrw at gmx.de>:
> Funny, so Garmin seems to have new flags for the new models.

Yes, apparently something has changed for the new devices.

> Interresting question is: are old garmin maps (city navigator) still
> working on the new models?

I always have used OSM based maps on my Garmin devices, so I haven't
got a clue. I don't know anyone with City Navigator maps either, so
for my it is hard to test.

But from what I understand from Minko, this behavior also occurs in
Basecamp (*), so maybe others can test this without the need to own a
new device. On the other hand, Basecamp is probably aware of the
difference and handles the maps accordingly. So IF the old maps work
in Basecamp, it doesn't automatically mean they work in the new eTrex.

Regards,
Frank

(*) http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2011q4/012455.html