logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Oneway road goes nowhere

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Oct 15 06:07:54 BST 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 11:38:47AM +0200, flabot at googlemail.com wrote:
>I use the options  --report-dead-ends=2 and have a lot or error warning
>like this one :
>
>Oneway road (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/116845081) goes
>nowhere at http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=28.46077&mlon=-16.30457&zoom=17
>
>The problem is that there are a lot of highway=service, onway=yes that
>goesto or come from a amenity=parking area.
>
>Perhaps mkgmap can check if oneway com/go to parking-areas ?

Driveways on parking lots can be useful for pedestrian or bicycle routing.
For what it is worth, I have tried to keep finland.osm.pbf clear of these
errors. For parking garages, it is sometimes difficult to guess the parking
aisle layout without local survey. In those cases, I have added fixme=continue
to the parking entrance.

>The quick way can also be to make a --report-dead-end=3 , doing the
>same as =2 but filter highway=service ?

You can roll your own by doing {add mkgmap:dead-end-check=false}
on highway=service.

Best regards,

	Marko