logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] (Fixed by workround) Bizarre flooding in South Wales

From Bartosz Fabianowski bartosz at fabianowski.eu on Thu Oct 13 12:07:07 BST 2011

> As it is, it *seems* to realise that the coastline file is as I'd
> flagged it, but then reports that it can't read such a file.
> Confusing.

That is rather silly behavior indeed :).

> P.S: I can now confirm that Bartosz's fix (specifying a separate
> coastline file) appears to have completely fixed my flooding issues.

I am quite convinced my analysis of the problem is correct. I know what
is going wrong. And the only way to fix it that I can see is to use
coastlines based on a larger extract that the one you are processing
into a map. Hence, European coastlines when generating a map for the EU
are not really a hack or a workaround. They are the correct solution.

- Bartosz