logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Partially not findable street

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Fri Sep 30 11:19:09 BST 2011

> Hi
>
>> The patch works great! I tested Germany and found all my testcases which
>> didn't work before.
>
> Great!
>
>> I also tried to compile a complete europe map but 3g memory wasn't
>> enough to create the mdr file. I've seen that you committed a low memory
>> variant in the index-memory branch but that ended with a 227mb big
>> img9136486325470304255.tmp temporary file and without any error message.
>
> Is this on Windows? Is the .tmp file a complete osmmap_mdr.img
> file -- if you rename it, does it work?
>
> ..Steve

It's Windows 7 64bit.

I noted that some of the tmp files are created in the start directory of
mkgmap whereas the mdrNNNN.tmp file is created in the target img directory.

When renaming the imgXXXX.tmp file to osmmap_mdr.mdr the find menu item
is disabled. So that's not the whole solution.

WanMil