logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error splitting SRTM data

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Thu Sep 22 15:28:17 BST 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, Michael Prinzing wrote:

> srtm2osm has a parameter -corrxy to shift the contour lines. Without
> this parameters they are not aligned with the real heights. Is
> phyghtmap handling this correct?

The official version: I cannot see any code adjusting the alignment
of the contour lines. For the area where I'm living, it looks
perfect even without.

But I have added now options for this.

> I just suggested osmosis 0.35 because it's a simple alternative for
> people who are not able or do not want to install phyton or to change
> the source code.

python is part on every Linux distribution, with mono, I didn't manage
to recompile it with mono to apply some fixes. And phyghtmap only
needs a fraction of memory as Srtm2Oms needs. As result, I'm now
able to build SRTM maps for countrys where I always failed with
Srtm2Oms. And learning python was pretty easy for me.

> Since none of the two methods is producing valid data in osm 0.6
> format, we need a better solution anyway.

Until now I haven't found any tool which has problems with the
generated 0.6 osm format. Does somebody know about a tool which
does verify the data for errros?
I think "fixing" phyghtmap should be pretty simple.

  Thorsten