logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error splitting SRTM data

From Michael Prinzing mipri at gmx.net on Mon Sep 19 22:16:56 BST 2011

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 18:14:18 +0200, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 19, Michael Prinzing wrote:
>>
>> The conversion from osm 0.5 to 0.6 also can be done with osmosis 0.35.
>>
>> Just call it with
>>
>> osmosis --read-xml-0.5 enableDateParsing=no file="data_05.osm" --migrate --write-xml file="data_06.osm"
>>
>> This is adding the missing tags, however it does not split ways containing too many nodes.
>
>So why should I install additional an old version os osmosis,
>if it doesn't do more than what I can do directly by patching
>phyghtmap?

I don't know much about phyghtmap. If it is an adequate replacement for
srtm2osm and if phyton is already present, there probably is no reason
to use osmosis.

srtm2osm has a parameter -corrxy to shift the contour lines. Without
this parameters they are not aligned with the real heights. Is
phyghtmap handling this correct?

I just suggested osmosis 0.35 because it's a simple alternative for
people who are not able or do not want to install phyton or to change
the source code.

Since none of the two methods is producing valid data in osm 0.6
format, we need a better solution anyway.

Michael