logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Strange roundabout errors

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Sep 9 06:45:17 BST 2011

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 01:40:28PM +0300, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 01:22:38PM +0300, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have been getting strange roundabout errors. I do not see anything
>>wrong in the data. Today's run was with mkgmap r2001, because the
>>locator branch merge in r2008 broke the address search on the Edge 705
>>when not using --index and MapSource. I have seen these with a newer
>>mkgmap as well:
>
>I still keep getting these.
>
>>2011/08/18 11:15:12 WARNING (StyledConverter): 63240002.osm.pbf:
>>Roundabout segment 125418517 direction looks wrong (see
>>http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=60.20986&mlon=25.07535&zoom=17)
>>
>>Last time I checked, all roundabout segments were counter-clockwise,
>>which corresponds to drive-on-right.
>
>Could this be caused by too high resolution?  I tried removing half the
>roundabout nodes.

Removing 1/2 or 2/3 of the nodes had two effects: the "owner" of the
roundabout came after me (asking why roundabouts should not look round),
and mkgmap shut up.

The segment consisted of 4 nodes, and its total length was less than 10
meters.

Is there a bug in the mkgmap node-merging algorithm or in the
diagnostics? Yesterday, the generated map of the roundabout (without the
nodes removed) looked OK. I did not try routing, though.

	Marko