logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] !!!IMPORTANT!!! To all style implementors

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Mon Aug 29 21:50:41 BST 2011

On 29.08.2011 22:21, WanMil wrote:
> Release 2020 makes it necessary to add some rules to your style if you
> want to use the address search.
>
>   From now on the address fields are composed by the mgkmap tags:
> 	  mkgmap:country
> 	  mkgmap:region
> 	  mkgmap:city
> 	  mkgmap:postal_code
> (NEW)	  mkgmap:street
> (NEW)	  mkgmap:housenumber
> (NEW)	  mkgmap:phone
>
> Please have a look to the default style how to use them.
>
> If you use the --location-autofill=is_in please also add a rule for
> mkgmap:is_in.
what would be a rule to get back the --location-autofill=1 behavior (or
better, but no bounds analysis at all, I want ise tags plus whatever
tags to be analysed, plus if that fails to search for nearest city/region)?

Also for rules on Polygons, I assume they are only used IF the polygon
is converted to a POI??? I need no address information for any kind of
end result area/polygon (but I do want address information for any POI
that is created by the area-pois option).....
It's good that It's inside the style-file now though (just don't know
how to use it best without using any of the bounds file that for me does
not improve the address search)

(BTW I think dropping location-autofill=0,1,2 was never announced on the
list either explicitely