logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing - Documentation and Best Practice

From Ralf kleineisel ralf-lists at kleineisel.de on Mon Aug 29 20:06:42 BST 2011

On 08/28/2011 06:33 PM, Minko wrote:

> Sounds interesting, but how will you do that? Can you give an example
> which I can download?

Sure. I first run mkgmap on the OSM files to generate the IMGs and the
gmapsupp.img. The config file looks somewhat like this:

gmapsupp
[more options ...]
family-id=1234
family-name=Layer1
input-file: 10000001.osm.gz
input-file: 10000002.osm.gz
family-id=5678
family-name=Layer2
input-file: 10000003.osm.gz
input-file: 10000004.osm.gz
[possibly more input files ...]

This produces the IMG files and a gmapsupp.img for the GPS unit which
contains 2 layers which can be switched on and off in the unit. If you
use a custom typ file you'll need two, one for each layer.

Mapsource can't do this, so I need a different setup:

tdbfile=yes
family-id=1234
family-name=AllLayers
input-file: 10000001.img
input-file: 10000002.img
input-file: 10000003.img
input-file: 10000004.img

This will make a TDB file and an overview map for mapsource in which
both layers show up. For mapsource you need a typ file with all types in it.

An example of such a map is my topo map of Germany, which contains an
OSM layer and three SRTM layers:
http://www.kleineisel.de/blogs/index.php/osmmap/