logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing - Documentation and Best Practice

From Chris66 chris66nrw at gmx.de on Tue Aug 23 09:36:19 BST 2011

Am 22.08.2011 14:40, schrieb Minko:
> I've tried it to avoid steps in the bicycle routing but this doesn't always work as expected:
> toll roads - yes
> ferry  - yes

> unpaved - no (does work on track roads)

What is the tracktype?

The rule is handling grade2 - grade6 as unpaved.

highway=*
& (surface=cobblestone | surface=compacted | surface=dirt |
   surface=earth | surface=grass | surface=grass_paver |
   surface=gravel | surface=grit | surface=ground | surface=mud |
   surface=pebblestone | surface=sand | surface=unpaved |
   mtb:scale=* |
   tracktype ~ 'grade[2-6]' |
   smoothness ~ '.*(bad|horrible|impassable)' |
   sac_scale ~ '.*(mountain|alpine)_hiking' |
   sport=via_ferrata)
{ add mkgmap:unpaved=1 }

BTW: I would not see "cobblestone" as unpaved :-)

> carpool - no (plus unwanted side effects)

Yes, because of the side effects this should not be used.

Chris