logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] gmapibuilder

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Wed Aug 17 13:15:40 BST 2011

Minko <ligfietser at online.nl> writes:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to run gmapibuilder to convert my maps for Mac format but I
> get an error message 'Could not open '*.img' for reading' everytime.
> I'm using Windows Vista, installed pyton 2.4, and I run this command:
>
> gmapi-builder.py -t 10010000.tdb -b 10010000.img -s 10010.typ -m
> 10010000_mdr.img -i 10010000.mdx *.img
>
> I tried it with several other osm maps, other paths, specified the
> path names like c:\temp\*.img, but nothing helps.
>
> This is the screen output:
>
> TDB Version:        4.07
> Product ID:         1
> Family ID:          10010
> Map Series:         OpenFietsMap (Benelux_v08-08-2011)
> Map Family:         OpenFietsMap (BNL)
> Product Version:    1.00
>
> Copyright:          OpenStreetMap and contributors
> Copyright:          www.openstreetmap.org
> Copyright: Map data licenced under Creative Commons Attribution
> ShareAlike 2.0
> Copyright:          http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/
> Copyright:          Map created with mkgmap-r2009
> Copyright:          Program released under the GPL
>
> Trademark:          Test preview map
>
> Could not open '*.img' for reading

I don't use windows, but:

  *.img can imply taht tehre are no img files in the curretn directory
  and shell globbing failed

  when I use gmapi-builder, I pass only the normal tile files at the
  end, not the overview.  I use different numbers and glob based on that
  prefix

  what does "file *.img" show in that same directory?