logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] building img from tre+rgn+lbl files?

From Richard rz at linux-m68k.org on Sun Aug 7 13:59:11 BST 2011

On Fri, Aug 05, 2011 at 05:10:55PM -0600, Hilton Long wrote:
>    3. building img from tre+rgn+lbl files? (Richard)

> This question should be asked on the GPSfiledepot forum.  Most of their
> Garmin compatible maps are compiled with cgpsmapper, not mkgmap, and there
> are several incompatibilities between the two compilers.
>
> Richard's best bet would probably be to download the linux version of
> Sendmap2.0 from cgpsmapper.com and use that to send the IMG files to his
> GPSr.  Since I don't see any IMG files in his unpack list, he may want to
> re-download the Windows version of the map.

thanks for the answer, so far I was able to unpack the windows ".exe" files
with 7z and get directly at the needed *.img files.

In any case the *.img format is described here
  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/IMG_File_Format
including the mention of the tre+rgn+lbl subfiles and it looks like it
should be one of the easier programming tasks to build the image.

Richard

---
Name and OpenPGP keys available from pgp key servers