logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mkgmap dropping data

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Aug 4 19:02:18 BST 2011

> Sorry, I thought MapSource usage is common on this list. The red areas
> are where the map was completely rendered and you can mark them for
> upload. The grey and yelllow areas are rendered only on the lowest
> resolution, so they cannot marked for upload.

MapSource is well known on this list but I didn't know the color code
for selections.

By the way: the MapSource cache can be cleared by typing <Ctrl>-G twice.

> The rendering process is
> broken, but mkgmap doesn't give any hint why.
> NSIS is an alternative to MapSetToolkit? I'm satisfied with
> MapSetToolkit, I don't think it has anything to do with the problem. Do
> you have to use cgpsMapper with NSIS?

NSIS is an windows installer toolkit (http://nsis.sourceforge.net/).
When using the --nsis option mkgmap creates and .nsi file which can be
used to build an installer containing the complete map. The installer
unpacks the necessary files to a directory and performs the registry
changes. So I don't see a need for any additional tool like cgpsmapper.

I don't know if the MapSetToolkit is the problem but to fix your problem
we need to sort out all tools which are not well known. And cgpsmapper
is not well known because it's closed source.

WanMil