logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Map installation problem from r1971 onward

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Wed Jul 27 19:09:49 BST 2011

Clifford,

I have checked the boundary status of Ireland.

It's completely covered with admin_level 2,5 and 6. admin_level 7 is
used only for one big region around Dublin. The other admin_levels are
used sporadically only. So you seem to be right, that the irish
admin_level data in OSM is not sufficient for address mapping.

Do you know if the city areas are mapped with other tags in Ireland? It
might be possible to integrate that into the preprocessed bounds files.

So long if you create a map for Ireland only it seems to be the best
case to use --location-autofill=nearest,is_in

WanMil