logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2008: Improve assignment of city, zip code, region and country information for address search.

From Martin mkmap at snailrun.de on Tue Jul 26 16:56:47 BST 2011

Hello list,

just a short feedback. Creating a map with r2008 works good for me. No further problems occurred.
Just something is still wrong with the index. You will find nearly every street, when sending 1-3 tiles to the device. With more then 3 tiles you will find only a few number of streets when using following search-order. City-Number-Street.
But you can find still all streets with the following order: Country-All cities-Housenumber-Street (the method Felix (Extremcarver) suggested). You also have to enter the Country by hand (if you use the suggested country, the search will fail). This was the problem I had the last time.
Steve, I hope this will help you to fix it.

Cheers,
Martin