logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index and equally named cities

From Martin mkmap at snailrun.de on Tue Jul 12 20:45:56 BST 2011

Thank you Steve&WanMil,

after testing the new city-region-locator-branch I have to say: You've done a great job. Now I can find more cities, for e.g. Neustadt in Brandenburg, in Schleswig-Holstein, in Sachsen etc... Fantastic.
So, few more things I've seen. Zip-search still not work. If I use the locator-branch with the following lines:
mkgmap:postal_code!=* & addr:postcode=* { set mkgmap:postal_code='${addr:postcode}' }
mkgmap:postal_code!=* & openGeoDB:postal_codes=* { set mkgmap:postal_code='${openGeoDB:postal_codes}' }
mkgmap:postal_code!=* & mkgmap:postcode=* { set mkgmap:postal_code='${mkgmap:postcode}' }
I find long streets (that have more than on zip-code) a few times. If I leave this lines out, I find this streets only once.
So it seems, that he create the table for the zip-code, but not correct. Because in the adress-search the search for zip-code doesn't appear. (Any idea?!) When I try to find the zip-codes in Mapsource he complete the line with possible zip-codes, but also fail to find streets by zip-code.

And now a special request to WanMil:
Could you please update the boundary-files?

Cheers,
Martin