logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] display of place names on lower zoom levels

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Jun 29 07:40:17 BST 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:08:46AM +0200, Minko wrote:
>Not only the labels are not shown but also the place nodes. Even at a
>very dense detailed map as here in the NL's it is not good to see that
>all cities are gone from the map after 3 km zoom on a normal detail
>level in Mapsource. This has nothing to do with 0x type but is set in
>the default points style file. So in my opinion towns and cities should
>be set on a lower zoom level, for instance 16 for cities and 18 for
>towns. Villages at 22 and hamlets 24.

I hope that you are happy with r1978. It seemed to produce fairly
reasonable results on my Edge 705, trying different detail levels.
place=city would appear at the same time with highway=motorway, and
smaller towns would appear at closer zoom levels.

Best regards,

	Marko