logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index with Arabic names

From Hosam Arnous hariov at gmail.com on Mon Jun 20 00:00:44 BST 2011

Hi Steve,

I'm currently using an old version of MapSource which is v6.15.11. I
hope that doesn't affect on my findings.

> That's great. No idea why find nearest does not work. It does as far as I can tell. Does typing in a single letter do anything useful? Exactly how does it fail?

Searching at "Find Nearest Places" fails exactly as my first post. For
example, if I want to search for any place contains the word
مطار
I should type
أطار

I think "Find Nearest Places" has noting to do with MDR file because
when I remove MDR key from the registry, MapSource doesn't disable
"Find Nearest Places". Is that right?

Regards,
Hosam