logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mkgmap dropping data: Area too small to split at...

From NopMap ekkehart at gmx.de on Sat Jun 18 21:59:44 BST 2011

Hi!

WanMil wrote:

> I cannot remember in detail what the patch did. But I remember that I
> came to the conclusion that the whole creation of the subdivisions need
> to be reorganized.
>

>From my analysis today I'd agree. mkgmap would have to subdivide the
geometry itself, not just the area.

WanMil wrote:

> Maybe there is an easy patch that fixes the current problem. I'll try to
> have a look on that within the next days.
> Can you upload the osm file so that it is easier for me to start?

You'll find the data at
http://www.wanderreitkarte.de/download/Portugal_Problem_input.zip. The
region is -8.0, 37.8, -6.7, 38.9.

I have had reports about missing data in the alps and observed the same
problems there, too. But with this lake it is most obvious.

bye
                Nop