logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [locator] Europe boundary data for download

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sat Jun 18 17:07:38 BST 2011

Hi,

I have updated the european boundary data. You can download the data
from yesterday at http://www.navmaps.eu/wanmil/europe_bounds_2011617.zip

I observed that the Geofabric polygons, which cover the continent
without respect to country borders, are a bit suboptimal for the
boundary generation, e.g. Spain has some parts in Africa (Ceuta).

Also the polygons were sometimes too sharp so that some boundary
information is dropped. They have accepted corrections to the polygon
files which should be used by now but they don't want to change the
continent specific extract. That's ok but that also means that it is
better to use your own dump to filter the boundary data.

Attached you find the polygon files I use to extract the continent data
to create the precompiled boundaries. Maybe some of you find them useful.

WanMil