logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Searching for postal_code & pbf-support

From Martin mkmap at snailrun.de on Thu Jun 16 19:18:25 BST 2011

Am 16.06.2011 um 20:13 schrieb WanMil:

>>> From the Nuvi (commercial map) of my Girlfriend I know, that when you search for streets, it also shows the postal-code. In Mapsource you can search for postal-codes, it also suggest postal-codes, but it couldn't find any streets.
>
> Postal codes are not shown when you search for streets but as far as I
> know it is possible to search for them. Maybe the index format must be
> changed slightly so that the postal codes are also displayed.

This would be great!

>> Other question: Is the pbf-support already included in r1965? I still get:
>> Error at line 1, col 1
>> Bad file format: test.osm.pbf
>> Error parsing file
>>

> Yes. It is included since the first days of the locator branch. I have
> tested it today and it's working fine.
>
> Please check carefully that the latest osmpbf.jar and protobuf.jar are
> in the classpath.
>
> WanMil

How can I check this?! Isn't it included in the jar-file? I didn't compile it from trunk. I downloaded the following file:
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/snapshots/mkgmap-locator-r1965.jar
Don't forget, that it works with the "normal" versions.

Martin