logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] cannot search for street/address when sending to device via Mac Garmin MapInstall

From maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com on Wed Jun 15 05:04:16 BST 2011

Dear Clinton,

Thanks for testing.  I tried other maps known to have search address
enabled and my unit cannot use the address search as well.  I'm
inclined to conclude that this is device specific (mine is Nuvi 1310)

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Clinton Gladstone
<clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 14, 2011, at 13:26, maning sambale wrote:
>
>> I installed the map to mac RoadTrip.  I can search
>> for streets using roadtrip.  But when I send the maps to my nuvi 1310
>> using Garmin's MapInstall, I can't search for streets anymore.  In
>> nuvi, "Where to" > "Address" then a message will appear "No Map Data
>> Available".
>
> I installed your map on my Mac and viewed it using the latest BaseCamp beta[1]. When I attempted to search for addresses, BaseCamp immediately indicated that address searches were not supported by the map.
>
> I then tried a quick recompile of the Philippines extract from Geofabrik with the latest locator build, and could at least search for addresses in BaseCamp.
>
> Therefore I would assume there is something in your compilation chain which is causing this problem. What splitter/mkgmap/gmap-builder options do you use?
>
> Cheers.
>
> [1] http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5285

cheers,
maning