logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] cannot search for street/address when sending to device via Mac Garmin MapInstall

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Tue Jun 14 19:01:09 BST 2011

On Jun 14, 2011, at 13:26, maning sambale wrote:

> I installed the map to mac RoadTrip.  I can search
> for streets using roadtrip.  But when I send the maps to my nuvi 1310
> using Garmin's MapInstall, I can't search for streets anymore.  In
> nuvi, "Where to" > "Address" then a message will appear "No Map Data
> Available".

I installed your map on my Mac and viewed it using the latest BaseCamp beta[1]. When I attempted to search for addresses, BaseCamp immediately indicated that address searches were not supported by the map.

I then tried a quick recompile of the Philippines extract from Geofabrik with the latest locator build, and could at least search for addresses in BaseCamp.

Therefore I would assume there is something in your compilation chain which is causing this problem. What splitter/mkgmap/gmap-builder options do you use?

Cheers.

[1] http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5285