logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Fwd: Routing issue

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Jun 4 10:03:09 BST 2011

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 07:28:05PM -0400, Nakor Osm wrote:
>That indeed helped. The problem is not to get to small because of the
>routing across tiles inssues.

OK, someone in the know should perhaps spend some time trying to figure
out which data structure is overflowing or which limitation of Garmin
software is being exceeded.

>And there are some areas like downtown Ottawa where I just cannot get
>proper routing even with pretty small tiles.

Have you checked the map data? About a year ago, when I was fixing
broken roundabouts and oneways in Finland, I came across a downtown
street grid area where almost all junctions were missing. I added
junction nodes at the intersections of ways.

Feel free to take this suggestion with a grain of salt. There are not
that many or large densely built areas in Finland.

Best regards,

	Marko