logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index and equally named cities

From Martin mkmap at snailrun.de on Thu Jun 2 14:49:39 BST 2011

So....

I've made a map on a Windows-Machine, using the same files I used on my Macbook and the nsis-compiler... And now it works...
Damn... So the problem comes from the gmapi-builder.
Anyone here who understand python to fix this problem?!
And sorry for bothering you with this problem. I've never expected that the problem comes from gmapi.

Cheers
Martin

Am 02.06.2011 um 14:59 schrieb Martin:

> Hallo WanMil,
>
> could you please give me your settings for the splitter and mkgmap.
> Maybe something goes wrong with gmapi.py?!
>
> Thanks
> Martin
>
> Am 02.06.2011 um 14:36 schrieb WanMil:
>
>> Martin, Steve,
>>
>> compiling only the given tile I cannot reproduce the problem. MapSource
>> search is ok and searching on the Oregon finds Schafblumenhalde too.
>>
>> Anyhow I have reviewed some relevant source code parts and have a
>> question Steve maybe can answer.
>>
>> The class PlacesFile contains the methods:
>> 	City createCity(Country country, String name, boolean unique)
>> 	City createCity(Region region, String name, boolean unique)
>>
>> They are called when creating a city from a place tag (unique=true) and
>> when creating a road (unique=false).
>> I don't understand in detail what the unique parameter should do.
>>
>> WanMil
>>

>>> Hello Steve,
>>>
>>> thank you for your fast reply.
>>> My problems with not findable streets still exist.
>>> If a town is devided into 2 or more pieces, only streets could be find on the tile which contains the place-tag. Tested on Basecamp for Mac and my Garmin Oregon. On Mapsource it seems to work. I don't know how the index is generated (tile by tile or all-in-one), but I hope this helps you to find the problem.
>>> When I copy the place-tag into this tile then I can find all that streets.
>>>
>>> Testcase:
>>> Tile: