logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap hangs forever with --link-pois-to-ways --route

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Jun 1 16:06:11 BST 2011

Hi

> I don't know what --link-pois-to-ways is doing to create all those same
> name roads, but there are only a handful of roads that have the name
> normally. There are thousands of nodes with that name and I am assuming
> that the option causes them to be added to the way somehow. I am not
> sure how though and it might well be unintentional.

OK I see what happens now. The ways are hiking routes and every node of
the way has access=public on it. This results in the way being split up
into two node segments, when link-pois-to-ways is specified.

The model is, I think, that a node with an access tag is expected to be
a some kind of gate/barrier or entrance which regulates the access to
the rest of the way.

This data breaks that model.

..Steve