logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How do I get a blue sea?

From Roger Calvert roger at rogercalvert.me.uk on Sun May 22 16:30:22 BST 2011

Thanks to a number of helpful suggestions, I now have a blue sea. The
final change which worked was to get the options in mkgmap in the right
order - so that '--generate-sea' came before the file names.

However, mkgmap now generates a series of errors on one source file (out
of 33). An example is

SEVERE (MapSplitter): 60923011.osm.gz: Area too small to split at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=52.01198&mlon=0.94047&zoom=17 (reduce
the density of points, length of lines, etc.)

A total of 10 of these appeared, all from the same input file (generated
from a Great Britain download using splitter) and all in the same
region. I have looked at two of them with Potlatch and Mapsource, and
can see no anomalies. One is in blank space, the other in woodland. They
did not appear (using the same data files) before I made changes to get
the sea. I have re-downloaded the data files and run splitter/mkgmap
again with the same results.

Any suggestions as to where these come from and how to get rid of them?

Many thanks,

Roger

Roger Calvert

On 19/05/2011 09:54, michael lohr wrote:
> i don't use mapTK, i use this online editor:
> http://ati.land.cz/gps/typdecomp/editor.cgi
>
> Am 18.05.2011 22:12, schrieb Roger Calvert:
>> Thanks for suggestions. No luck so far - please could you advise on
>> the points below.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Roger
>>
>> On 18/05/2011 07:03, michael lohr wrote:
>>> style:
>>> natural=land { name 'land' } [0x10100 resolution 14]