logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [locator] Country specific rules

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at orangecorreo.es on Fri May 20 10:06:59 BST 2011

El 20/05/11 00:07, Carlos Dávila escribió:

>>> Well, I'm must also say I'm sorry, as checking my parameters I've seen
>>> MOR was coming from my --country-abbr:-[ , but changing it to the right
>>> "MAR" didn't make the style work, although MapSource now lists "Morocco
>>> (MAR)"
>> That's good because this question is answered :-)
>>
>> The style can work only if the boundaries of Morocco are contained in
>> the precompiled boundary tiles. I think my europe compilation may
>> contain a small part of northern morocco.
>> So you should do the following steps:
>> 1. Check that the boundary multipolygon of Morocco is complete and valid
>> 2. Precompile the boundary tiles
>> 3. Compile your map again using the precompiled boundary tiles
>>
>> Then the style rules should work.
> I had already compiled Morocco's boundary (extracted from Geofabrik
> morocco.osm.pbf). What I didn't is converting bnd to gpx and checking
> it, but that will be tomorrow...
I checked part of the bound tiles and they are correct. Here are all my
steps, so you can see if I'm doing something wrong:
1-Extract boundaries:
osmosis \
--read-pbf file=morocco.osm.pbf outPipe.0=1 \
--tee 2 inPipe.0=1 outPipe.0=2 outPipe.1=3 \
--buffer inPipe.0=3 outPipe.0=4 \
--buffer inPipe.0=2 outPipe.0=5 \
--tag-filter accept-relations boundary=administrative inPipe.0=4
outPipe.0=6 \
--used-way inPipe.0=6 outPipe.0=7 \
--tag-filter reject-relations inPipe.0=5 outPipe.0=8 \
--tag-filter accept-ways boundary=administrative inPipe.0=8 outPipe.0=9 \
--used-node inPipe.0=9 outPipe.0=10 \
--used-node inPipe.0=7 outPipe.0=11 \
--merge inPipe.0=10 inPipe.1=11 outPipe.0=12 \
--write-pbf file=morocco-boundaries.osm.pbf omitmetadata=true
compress=deflate inPipe.0=12

2-Map compilation:
time /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin/java -Xmx400m -enableassertions
-Dlog.config=logging.properties -jar mkgmap-locator.jar
--createboundsfile=morocco-boundaries.osm.pbf
--boundsdirectory=bounds_morocco --generate-sea=extend-sea-sectors
--route --tdbfile --latin1 --code-page=1252
--description="OpenStreetMap-Morocco" --gmapsupp --country-name=MOROCCO
--country-abbr=MAR --family-name="Open Street Map" --family-id=17
--product-id=1 --series-name="OSM-Morocco" --area-name="Morocco"
--overview-mapname=55170000 --mapname=55170000
--name-tag-list=int_name,name --index --road-name-pois=0x640a
--ignore-maxspeeds --remove-short-arcs --merge-lines --add-pois-to-areas
--adjust-turn-headings --report-similar-arcs --link-pois-to-ways
--location-autofill=0 --drive-on-right --check-roundabouts
--check-roundabout-flares --style=mio typ/MOROC-17.TYP morocco.osm.pbf