logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problems with rendering of long riverbank (multipolygons)

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Fri May 20 09:02:39 BST 2011

Hi Wanmil,

I've enabled logging and I see now 4 files with mkgmap.log.0, 1, 2 and 3 without any relations in it:
http://mijndev.openstreetmap.nl/~ligfietser/diverse/mkgmap.log.zip

Maybe my logging.properties parameters are not correct?

# The default level FINE, WARNING, INFO, SEVERE
.level=FINE

#handlers: java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler
handlers: java.util.logging.FileHandler

# package or class name with .level appended and then the level
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.osm.MultiPolygonRelation.level=FINE

# For ConsoleHandler
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.level=WARNING
java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler.formatter=uk.me.parabola.log.UsefulFormatter
# For FileHandler
java.util.logging.FileHandler.level=FINE
java.util.logging.FileHandler.formatter=uk.me.parabola.log.UsefulFormatter
java.util.logging.FileHandler.limit=5000000
java.util.logging.FileHandler.count=4
java.util.logging.FileHandler.pattern=mkgmap.log
java.util.logging.FileHandler.append=false

----------
Wanmil wrote:

If you assume that the multipolygon algorithm has a problem you should
change the log level of the Multipolygon class:
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.osm.MultiPolygonRelation.level=FINE

Enabling the logging is described at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/dev#Enabling_Debugging

You can search the logfiles for the relation id and check what the
multipolygon code is doing. The logfiles get big so it might be good to
compile the relevant tiles only.

If you have questions just send the logfile.

WanMil