logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Denmark: SEVERE (MapBuilder): ./63240348.osm.gz: FIXME - too many POIs in group

From Lambertus osm at na1400.info on Thu May 19 21:38:34 BST 2011

On 19-05-11 21:21, Daniela Duerbeck wrote:
> Hi!
>
> When I try to build a map of Denmark, I get a lot of "SEVERE
> (MapBuilder): ./63240348.osm.gz: FIXME - too many POIs in group"
> messages. Then the mkgmap processes exits without generating a map.
> What can I do?

I use a script that re-splits the tile for situations like where Mkgmap
does not produce a map from initial Splitter results. The script reduces
node count until splitter produces 2 or more 'sub'tiles, then tries to
render those subtiles and repeat the process until all subtiles are
rendered if necessary or until the node count reaches a lower limit.

So the process goes like this:
1- Split your osm.pbf/bz2 file with an initial max-nodes setting (e.g.
1.2 million)
2- Attempt to render the tiles with Mkgmap into Garmin images
3- See if any of the new Garmin images failed (i.e. do not exist or 0
bytes in size)
4- Re-split the failed tiles with ever lower max-node counts until
splitter produces 2 or more subtiles
5- Goto 2 (but render only the subtiles ofcourse)