logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problems with rendering of long riverbank (multipolygons)

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Thu May 19 12:57:43 BST 2011

I haven't count them ;-) The multipoolygon stretches out on my map along three tiles (roughly 100km wide). Since this area is mapped quite well, moving the tiles wont help. And I'm talking about different maps that shows issues there (with different tiles) so I think it can only be solved by improving the splitter?

Marko wrote:
I have understood that it is a splitter problem, not a mkgmap problem. I
do not know the splitter. How many nodes are there along the
multipolygon lines? Any nodes relatively near to the tile border?

In Finland, I had a similar problem with Lake Päijänne, which is a
single huge multipolygon. I have worked around this problem by moving my
tile borders so that they do not cut through the lake.

Best regards,

	Marko