logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problems with rendering of long riverbank (multipolygons)

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Thu May 19 09:33:14 BST 2011

Recently someone noticed flooding on the openmtbmap in Belgium south of Maastricht:
http://forum.gps.nl/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=34597&p=277200#p277200

I have noticed related issues with floodings west of Maastricht on Lambertus' maps and on my own Openfietsmap parts of the same Albertcanal are "dry". Main cause seems a very long multipolygon relation of the Albertcanal: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/1424029

On places where the tile borders are crossing this multipolygon mkgmap has problems with rendering (because the ends of the multipolgygon are way outside the tiles). Splitting up the multipolygon in smaller parts in osm seems not the way to solve these rendering problems because I think it's a bug in mkgmap that should be solved here instead of on osm. Any ideas?