logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How do I get a blue sea?

From Roger Calvert roger at rogercalvert.me.uk on Wed May 18 21:12:10 BST 2011

Thanks for suggestions. No luck so far - please could you advise on the
points below.

Many thanks,

Roger

On 18/05/2011 07:03, michael lohr wrote:
> style:
> natural=land { name 'land' } [0x10100 resolution 14]
> natural=sea { name 'sea' } [0x10f1d resolution 14]
>
> typ:
> both 0x10100 and 0x10f1d must be defined, with sea having the lower
> drawing priority
Please can you advise me on the entries I should put in the MapTK prj
file to incorporate these in the typ file - I haven't done much with these!

> Am 17.05.2011 22:42, schrieb Carlos Dávila:
>> El 17/05/11 21:35, Roger Calvert escribió:
>>> I'm using mkgmap to install OSM on my Garmin GPS.
>>>
>>> Lakes and rivers come out in blue on both Mapsource and the GPS, but
>>> the sea comes out white. The shoreline appears as a single thin line.
>>>
>>> I am using pbf files of England, Scotland and Wales downloaded from
>>> geofabrik Download-Bereich.
>>>
>>> I have the option
>>> '--generate-sea=polygons,extend-sea-sectors,close-gaps=1000' in the
>>> mkgmap command line. The 'polygons' file contains 'natural=sea [0x32
>>> resolution 18]'.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions as to how I might get a blue sea?
>> Are you using a .TYP file? Do you have 0x32 defined in it?
Yes, both 0x32 and 0x28 are included, with the entry in the MapTK prj
file for 0x32 as

[Polygon]
Type=0x32
DrawOrder=3