logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [locator] Europe boundary data for download

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu May 12 18:53:00 BST 2011

I have managed (with the help of OSMembrane) to put the whole osmosis
steps into one command:

osmosis.bat ^
--read-pbf file=europe.osm.pbf outPipe.0=1 ^
--tee 2 inPipe.0=1 outPipe.0=2 outPipe.1=3 ^
--buffer inPipe.0=3 outPipe.0=4 ^
--buffer inPipe.0=2 outPipe.0=5 ^
--tag-filter accept-relations boundary=administrative inPipe.0=4
outPipe.0=6 ^
--used-way inPipe.0=6 outPipe.0=7 ^
--tag-filter reject-relations inPipe.0=5 outPipe.0=8 ^
--tag-filter accept-ways boundary=administrative inPipe.0=8 outPipe.0=9 ^
--used-node inPipe.0=9 outPipe.0=10 ^
--used-node inPipe.0=7 outPipe.0=11 ^
--merge inPipe.0=10 inPipe.1=11 outPipe.0=12 ^
--write-pbf file=europe-boundaries.osm.pbf omitmetadata=true
compress=deflate inPipe.0=12

Anyhow processing of whole europe takes a very long time and the pbf
file is growing only within the last minutes. You can check the ongoing
osmosis processing in the directory
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp (Win7). Osmosis creates files
named afnd*.tmp, afwy*.tmp and afrl*.tmp that are constantly getting
larger during processing.

I think I will recreate the european bounds during the next days and
will commit some additional useful debug tools for these files.

WanMil