logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Error on MapSource with r1919

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon May 9 12:16:48 BST 2011

Hello

>>> Sorry, the complete europe map still seems to trigger some limits.
>
> I did some more testing.
>
> With the option --block-size=8192 I got the whole europe map as far so
> that I could select tiles. But now the gmapsupp index creation fails.

Thanks, I will take this as confirmation that the patch works. I also
think that the limit of 4096 block size may be lower than I previously
said, so 240M may well be too large.

I shall probably just increase the default block size to 8k for the
mdr.img as there no disadvantage in wasted space for that file.

> - pan and zoom: OK
> - select tiles: OK now
> - idx creation: CRASH at ca. 14%
>
> The error triggered is: MDR_TRIM_ADDR.CXX-440-6.16.3.0

This is a completely different problem. Would it be possible to upload
this broken file too?

Thanks
..Steve