logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Country specific rules and default country / region or "--country-name=..."

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com on Thu May 5 18:23:09 BST 2011

Could the locator version be changed in such a way, that there are
options to set the country and region using commandline/variables (and
then drop all processing for country/region).
I'm not sure if there is a difference between default country and actual
country, but if there is then there should be different commands than
the current --country-name= --country-abbr= area-name=

This would be more than useful when using a geofabrik extract from a
country or from a region (e.g. German Bundesland, or English/French
state). That way it would save processing time, and be probably more
correct (the very small errors in the geofabrik polygons defining the
area, don't matter, as one does not expect to search for addresses
outside of the country / region).

(or is this implemented already, because on the trunk the --country=ABC
seems not to be used, or worse I suspect that the
--geonames-file=cities15000 from splitter and it's joining are used
(which places addresses outside of the country, if close to a big city
but belonging to another region -- or do I have to drop the geonames
file if using locator branch?)